Little Dixie Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes1 mini loaf
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 107 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2016
Fantastic! and just the right size. Thanks for sharing recipe.
Jun 17, 2015
My husband and I loved this delicious little pound cake! It was so easy to make and just the right size for the two of us. I will definitely make it again!
May 4, 2014
This is just perfect for the two of us..and it is wonderful with strawberries and whipped cream on top.
Mar 20, 2011
this is the perfect recipe for pound cake
Apr 30, 2010
How much is a pinch? An 1/8 tsp., less or more, I am confused. Need answer right away...Becki Cooper, Winston, OR.
Jan 11, 2008
I use all vanilla extract when making this. It makes just enough for my husband and I to each enjoy dessert without going overboard with a big cake. Not that we couldn't eat the big cake, but this helps us "be good" without feeling deprived.