- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
Reviews forLittle Dixie Pound Cake
"Fantastic! and just the right size. Thanks for sharing recipe."
"This is just perfect for the two of us..and it is wonderful with strawberries and whipped cream on top."
"this is the perfect recipe for pound cake"
"How much is a pinch? An 1/8 tsp., less or more, I am confused. Need answer right away...Becki Cooper, Winston, OR."