Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon zest; mix well. Place almonds in a blender, cover and process until ground. Combine the almonds, flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Remove 1/3 cup of dough. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Freeze for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- Press remaining dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Spread raspberry preserves over crust. Remove remaining dough from freezer; using small cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes. Place over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2013
Lovely tart. I adjusted the recipe to fit a 9- inch tart pan. Served with vanilla whipped cream. Everyone went nuts over it!
Sep 26, 2010
I made several of these tarts last Christmas to give away as gifts. I included the tart pan and the recipie as part of the gift.I made the dough in my food processor and it went together in a "snap"Instead of the cutouts on the pie,I put a lattice top. When the tart was done and cooled, I sprinkled it with confectioners sugar. It got rave reviews !!! It's quite spectacular and easy to makeNan C Huntington,Long Island,NY