- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon peel; mix well. Place almonds in a blender, cover and process until ground. Combine the almonds, flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Remove 1/3 cup of dough. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. Freeze for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- Press remaining dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Spread raspberry preserves over crust. Remove remaining dough from freezer; using small cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes. Place over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forLinzer Tart
"Lovely tart. I adjusted the recipe to fit a 9- inch tart pan. Served with vanilla whipped cream. Everyone went nuts over it!"
"I made several of these tarts last Christmas to give away as gifts. I included the tart pan and the recipie as part of the gift.I made the dough in my food processor and it went together in a "snap"Instead of the cutouts on the pie,I put a lattice top. When the tart was done and cooled, I sprinkled it with confectioners sugar. It got rave reviews !!! It's quite spectacular and easy to makeNan C Huntington,Long Island,NY"