Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to the tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 13, 2019
Still making and loving this 11 years later. The aroma while this is marinating is so savory with the fresh basil/garlic combo - great dish! Only change I've made is using angel hair instead of linguine - just our pasta preference.
Aug 28, 2010
Easy and delicious! The perfect meal for those hot summer nights out on the patio. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Mar 10, 2008
Easy and delicious. I will definately make this again.