Linguine with Marinated Tomato and Basil
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to the tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 28, 2010
Easy and delicious! The perfect meal for those hot summer nights out on the patio. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Jun 29, 2008
I recently cut out recipes from old issues, and this was one of them. Wish I had found it sooner! It is delicious! My whole family loved it, even my 5-year-old grandson.
Mar 10, 2008
Easy and delicious. I will definately make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.