Linguine with Garlic Clam Sauce
I've tried other clam linguine recipes over the years, but this is our favorite. I usually keep the ingredients on hand.—Perlene Hoekema, Lynden, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Stir in flour until blended. Drain clams, reserving juice; set clams aside.
- Gradually stir juice into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the clams, cheese and parsley. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain linguine; serve with clam sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 584 calories, 38g fat (16g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Linguine with Garlic Clam Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2001