VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Stir in flour until blended. Drain clams, reserving juice; set clams aside.
- Gradually stir juice into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the clams, cheese and parsley. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain linguine; serve with clam sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Linguine with Garlic Clam Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2001, p35