Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 370 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 29, 2012
Love it. Made it twice in one week. Easy and tasty!
Dec 23, 2012
Mar 12, 2012
We love this recipe! It was flavorful and surprisingly filling for a meatless entree! Bonus: it comes together fast!
Oct 2, 2011
I made this for my daughter and myself, so I cut it in half. Did not have oregano, so I added 1/2t. dried basil, and one frozen cube of fresh basil, which I saute'd along with tomatoes, garlic, dried basil and salt. I use Crazy Jane's Mixed up salt. Left out the green onions. One clove of garlic, was plenty. Used frozen Edamame, in the pods, so I had to cook them first and then add to the already cooked pasta. I may try adding cooked chicken breast or crumbled sweet Italian sausage next time I make this.
Oct 12, 2010
We had this for dinner last night and my husband and I agree it's a keeper. We enjoyed the blend of flavors accented by the salty bite of feta. This one is going in our file of regulars worth repeating.
Sep 13, 2010
Overall great recipe, but does need salt & pepper to taste.
Aug 16, 2010
I thought this was pretty bland. I wouldn't make it as written again.
Jul 22, 2010
A wonderful change of pace. I did not have edamame so I substiututed with zucchini. Next time I will use 2 garlic cloves as it was a bit strong for our taste. I will make this again!