Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes for 2
Featuring garden-fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and edamame, this bright and hearty dish is a marvelous meatless meal any weeknight. —Diana Rios, Lytle, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 365 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 10g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.