Linguine with Clam Sauce Recipe
Green pepper gives a nice bite to this pasta dish. Add a loaf of crusty bread and a green salad, and dinner is served.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil and butter until almost tender. Stir in the clam juice, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 386 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Linguine with Clam Sauce
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2008
"one of my favorite dishes"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC