Linguine with Clam Sauce
Green pepper gives a nice bite to this pasta dish. Add a loaf of crusty bread and a green salad, and dinner is served.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup clam juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil and butter until almost tender. Stir in the clam juice, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes. Stir in clams; heat through. Drain pasta; transfer to a bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 386 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Linguine with Clam Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.