- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut 1/2 in. off ends of broccoli rabe; trim woody stems. Cut stems and leaves into 2-in. pieces. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add anchovies and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in red peppers, olives, pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- Add linguine and broccoli rabe to skillet; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired to moisten. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLinguine with Broccoli Rabe & Peppers
"What is broccoli rabe? I have never heard of it our seen it in stores in my area"
"Great recipe that can be easily adapted.. No anchovies for me.. but if you are not a fan of broccoli rabe.. you could sub spinach.. or kale.. I think it would meld nicely.. but you will not taste broccoli in rabe.. it is slightly bitter and not related to broccoli.."
"What you suggest I use in place of broccoli, my very least favorite veggie?"
"Made this for dinner with my parents. They loved it."