Linguine in Clam Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add zucchini; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add the clams, mushrooms, bouillon, basil, pepper and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain linguine; top with clam mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 377 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 26, 2011
Followed recipe to a tee. A little disappointing. Bland. Expected so much more. Made for 6 adults. Same opinion all around.
Mar 16, 2010
I made this and we loved it. Will make often as it makes my usual recipe seem too bland. I also added some chopped red pepper--delicious!