We love everything about this wonderful dessert—from the light lemon flavor and creamy Mascarpone to the crunchy, crushed macaroon on top. We think you'll enjoy it too.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- LEMON CURD:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 4 macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in limoncello; set aside.
- 2. For lemon curd, in another saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in lemon juice and zest. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold cheese and whipped cream into lemon curd.
- 5. Arrange a third of the ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Drizzle with a third of the syrup; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with cookies.
1 slice: 396 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC