Lime Tilapia with Crisp-Tender Peppers
Super adaptable tilapia takes on citrus notes with ease. Switch out peppers for mushrooms and you've got a whole new entree. —Janee Gragston, Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place fillets on a 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice; sprinkle with lime zest, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir peppers in oil over medium heat until crisp-tender; stir in basil. Serve with tilapia.
Originally published as Tilapia with tender peppers in Taste of Home August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.