Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lime curd, divided
- Whipped cream and lime slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out each pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from each pastry. Press rounds onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup lime curd. Spoon into tart shells; top with remaining lime curd. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 30, 2013
This recipe is outstanding. I did not change a thing. The taste is tangy, yet not so tangy that your mouth stays swiveled up for too long! Lime curd was hard-to-find in my rural area, but I finally found it at Publix.
Nov 17, 2012
I haven't made this yet, but am going to shortly.... I dont have any lime or lemon curd so am going to make some. Just search 'Lemon Curd' recipes on here, I'm sure you could just substitute lime juice/peel where it calls for lemon juice/peel in the Curd recipe.
Sep 4, 2011
I made these using lemon curd and cream chees and a bit of confectioner's sugar. I leftout the yogurt. They are scrumptious. Don't make them too far ahead of serving them, tho. The shells do get a bit soft.
Sep 2, 2011
I'm not familiar with lime curd; wonder if you could make it with Key Lime filling or isn't it the right consistency?
Aug 27, 2010
I cannot find lime curd, either. How did you make this from "scratch"?
Aug 13, 2010
I was a professional baker and really appreciate quality when I can get it with a shortcut. I am disabled now and cannot stand for long periods so I had to give up my love, wedding cakes, but really good pastry is in short supply here in San Antonio. Even at Central Market (supposed to be staffed by chefs), the quality has gone down to the point that I don't spend the time or money to go there.
Aug 13, 2010
Much of the ingredients are pre-processed and it is more of an assembly process than cooking.
Aug 12, 2010
Mimma56-It would taste yummy but lemon! ;-)
Aug 12, 2010
I wonder how it would be with lemon curd instead of lime curd?
Aug 25, 2009
Took this to a wedding shower. It was a huge hit. Easy to prepare! I didn't have and our local grocery store didn't have the lime curd so I made it from scratch. It was yummy and easy