Lime Strawberry Surprise Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry or strawberry gelatin
- 1. Prepare lime gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in pineapple. Pour into an 8-cup bowl or mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; stir in pecans. Spread over lime gelatin. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. Prepare strawberry gelatin according to package directions; cool slightly. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm about 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was doubled for a 4-qt. trifle bowl.
1/2 cup: 276 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lime Strawberry Surprise
"This salad is wonderful. Looks absolutely lovely in glass trifle dish. I like the fact that it can also be made for 4th July celebration merely by choosing grape jello in place of lime. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!!"