Lime & Spice Peach Cobbler
This was my grandmother’s favorite recipe to make when they had bushels of peaches. Now I love to bake it whenever I can for my family and friends. —Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first six ingredients; toss with peaches and lime juice. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, beat butter and sugars until blended. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; beat into butter mixture. Beat in water just until crumbly. Stir in pecans; crumble over filling.
- 3. Whisk together egg yolk and buttermilk; brush carefully over crumb mixture. Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
1 serving: 287 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC