- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the asparagus, garlic and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm
- Add shrimp, red pepper and jalapeno to dish. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, soy sauce, lime juice and lime peel until blended; stir into the cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp and asparagus mixtures. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLime Shrimp with Asparagus
"I made this recipe on the stove versus in the microwave. It worked out really well. Just steam the asparagus and cook the shrimp, peppers and jalapeno on the stove until cooked through. It took about twice as long, but 30 minutes still isn't bad! I also used all purpose flour instead of cornstarch. The sauce thickened very nicely.Even though it calls for jalapeno, the dish is not very hot at all. Next time I will try a hotter pepper to get some spice."
"i love this recipe. it put things that i did not think to put together. very good and only a microwave to cook. very nice"