Lime juice is a terrific addition to ordinary quick bread. The chopped pecans add pleasant crunch while the glaze gives a bit of sweetness.—Nancy Lore, Rockland, Massachusetts
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar; beat in egg yolks. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Add lime juice and peel. Stir in pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; pour over hot loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Lime Pecan Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p98