Lime Pear Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin until smooth. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. If necessary, add enough water to syrup to equals 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Gradually add to gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in ice cream until dissolved. Mash pears and fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an greased 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 184 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2014
This is delicious. I added 1 T of lemon juice to the pear syrup after it had boiled. Instead of mashing the pears I just diced them up too.
May 3, 2013
Delicious!!! Made with home-canned pears in light syrup. Didn't set as firmly as I thought it should, but did get it out of the mold. Looked good. Couldn't ask for the taste to be better. Will be making quite often. I think this answers the question for the other reviewer. Next time I will probably let it set overnight. I, also, added a cup of chopped walnuts before refrigerating to let firm up. I think that improved the taste and texture.
Jun 13, 2009
Can this gelatin be made with pears in their own juice vs. heavy syrup? Thank you for replying.