Lime-Pear Gelatin Bells
For a festive flair, I use bell-shaped molds for this gelatin salad, but use whatever molds you have on hand. It's such a refreshing way to ring in the holiday season.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced or halved pears, drained
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Leaf lettuce
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place pears in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add cream cheese; process until smooth. Add to gelatin and stir well. Refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 12 individual bell-shaped molds or other molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Place a piece of cherry at the end of each bell for clapper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 242 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lime-Pear Gelatin Bells in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.