"You don't need to give up delicious treats just because you are eating lighter!" writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. Her refreshing four-ingredient dessert is easy to prepare...and so pretty to serve. Layers of creamy ice-cold sherbet alternate with a crunchy combination of cookie crumbs and chopped nuts in the warm-weather treat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup cookie crumbs and nuts. In another bowl, combine sherbet and lime zest. Spoon 1 tablespoon cookie mixture into six parfait glasses; top with 1/4 cup sherbet mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lime Parfaits in Light & Tasty June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.