"You don't need to give up delicious treats just because you are eating lighter!" writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. Her refreshing four-ingredient dessert is easy to prepare...and so pretty to serve. Layers of creamy ice-cold sherbet alternate with a crunchy combination of cookie crumbs and chopped nuts in the warm-weather treat.
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup cookie crumbs and nuts. In another bowl, combine sherbet and lime peel. Spoon 1 tablespoon cookie mixture into six parfait glasses; top with 1/4 cup sherbet mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lime Parfaits in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p65