Lime Muffins with Coconut Streusel
Looking for a way to dazzle Easter brunch guests? A dozen of these tempting gems should do the trick. The coconut-macadamia nut struesel is the perfect complement to the muffin's fresh lime flavor. —Teresa Grissom, Zionsville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup key lime yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, yogurt, egg, butter, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 234 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lime Muffins with Coconut Streusel in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.