Lime Mousse in Phyllo Cups
Lime gives a tart refreshing flavor to sweetened whipped cream. You can also use the lime mousse to fill individual purchased tart cups.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- Fresh lime slices, optional
- Place two sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying. Cut layered sheets in half widthwise. Brush top sheet of each with butter. Lightly press one stack into a 6-oz. custard cup coated with cooking spray. Lightly press second stack on top. Repeat with five more cups.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing pastry to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For mousse, beat cream in a chilled small bowl until thickened. Add the sugar, lime juice, lime zest and food coloring if desired; beat until soft peaks form. Just before serving, fill phyllo cups with mousse. Garnish with lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lime Mousse in Phyllo Cups in Taste of Home's Complete Guide to Baking
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.