Lime Kiwi Cloud
"I enjoy serving this luscious dessert any time of the year," says Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. She relies on prepared angel food cake, fruit and a few other items to whip up the tangy treat and simple strawberry sauce.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 12 cups cubed angel food cake (about 12 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 6 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Arrange half the cake cubes in an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lime juice and zest; fold in whipped topping. Spread half the yogurt mixture over the cake, pressing down to make a smooth layer. Layer with kiwi slices. Top with the remaining cake and yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, thaw strawberries, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; set aside. Place strawberries in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, mashing strawberries.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Scoop cake into dessert dishes; drizzle with strawberry sauce.