- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Stir in the coconut, almonds and lime zest. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews forLime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark
"I made this for another treat to add to the holiday plates I give to my neighbors. It was a big hit with everyone. The lime was different for a bark candy."