- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice and ginger; cook and stir over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until marmalade is melted.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLime-Glazed Pork Chops
"I made these last night for dinner. I followed the recipe exactly with no changes. I did broil them and they did take longer than the recipe said to get the internal temp to 145*. I served with basmati rice and scalloped spinach. Will definitely make again. This glaze will be good on chicken thighs also!"
"A great combination of sweet and heat! I used about 1/2 a teaspoon of powdered ginger and a little bit of chopped candied ginger in place of the fresh gingerroot. The candied ginger bits gave an extra bit of sweetness to the dish and gave a little relief to the exceptionally spicy jalepeno that came from my garden! Other changes I made were using a little more than 1/3 cup of marmalade and boneless pork chops in place of bone-in.My husband really liked this dish which is saying something for a guy who generally dislikes sweet and savory/spicy! I'll be adding this to our list of favorite ways to make pork chops!"
"Nice flavor, thanks for the good recipe!"