- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese topping (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in margarine for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, peas, red pepper, basil, parsley and pepper. Stir-fry for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine or broth and lime juice. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain spaghetti; stir in cheese topping, milk and lime zest. Serve shrimp mixture over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLime Garlic Shrimp
"I have first made this over 10 years ago. I do add a bit of garlic salt and some other seasoning to give it a bit more zip. I'd also recommend more lime. The garlic and cheese will stick to the bottom of the pan so it needs to be stirred well."
"I used lemon juice instead of lime (what I had on hand), and mushrooms & summer squash for the veggies. Also ended up mixing the pasta, milk, cheese, and some extra lemon juice (no zest in-house) together, but then added them directly to the shrimp/veggie mixture and mixed everything together. Pretty tasty. Will have to try it w/ lime sometime."
"I don't eat pasta so I substituted the spaghetti for broccoli & simply sprinkled the broccoli with parmesan cheese. I didn't have snow peas, so I used sweet peas. This was a DELICIOUS recipe!!! I will definitely make this again. It was incredibly flavorful & I think it's relatively healthy. YUMMY!"