Lime Fruit Slushies
These frosty drinks shared by Linda Horst from newville, Pennsylvania have a bright green color and refreshing flavor. Tip: Divide the mixture between two plastic containers before freezing. Once frozen, use them to help keep the items in your cooler chilled. They'll thaw to a nice slushy consistency. More Slushies »
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a large container, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, pineapple juice and orange juice concentrate. Freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 1-2 hours before serving. Transfer to a punch bowl; stir in the ginger ale.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Slushies in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.