Lime Frozen Yogurt
Wedges of grilled pineapple complement the cool and tangy frozen yogurt in this delightful dessert from Kelly Kraus. Little Falls, New Jersey. It's a real refresher on warm days!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process 20 min. + freezing
- 4 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lime juice, lime zest and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve with lime frozen yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 307 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Lime Frozen Yogurt in Light & Tasty June/July 2002