- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- TART SHELLS:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- White chocolate curls and lime peel strips
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lime juice and zest until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill shells with lime mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and lime peel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forLime Divine Tarts
"These are delightful! I did add a few drops of lime juice and grated zest to the tart shell. Now the people at work ask for these ALL the time! Thanks for sharing!"
"The recipe says put tart shells into 36 ungreased mini muffin cups but the recipe makes 24 servings which is it?"
"I am an experienced baker but this was a complete bust. The cups puffed up so much there was not any room for filling. I tried freezing them first, pricking with fork, etc. but they puffed up until you could only put a tiny bit of lime curd and it was not enough to make them taste good. And no, I did not use self-rising flour..."