This impressive-looking dessert is surprisingly simple to prepare. Light and refreshing, it's a super make-ahead treat- the flavor gets getter as it sits in the refrigerator. I've had many requests for the recipe.
Recommended: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, water and lime juice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and lime juice. Fold in whipped cream. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1-1/4 cups filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost the top of cake with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with lime slices if desired. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Lime Cream Torte in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p39
Reviews forLime Cream Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2008
"We love this cake, I make it all the time, but I use Key Lime juice instead. It reminds us of past vacations."