Lime Cooler Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, lime juice and zest until frothy. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 21, 2015
My family loves these bars. I made them again last night for a birthday party. I did a couple of changes to enhance the fresh citrus flavor, by adding a juice of one lemon in addition to the lime juice and finely chopped the zest of 3 limes and 1 lemon. Received rave reviews stating they were the best citrus bars ever made. Maybe this will help those that find the bars lacking in fresh flavor, although I think the original recipe is very good!
Sep 24, 2010
I was disappointed there was not more lime flavor to these. I even used fresh lime juice.
May 24, 2009
I've made these time and again to raves from family and friends.
May 14, 2009
Definetly would add more lime to the mix. I don't know if i would make them again
Apr 28, 2009
i also add 1/2 cup line juce all liked then at the hosp volunteer teathanks janet s winona,mn.
Oct 11, 2008
I made these once with anticipation that they'd be tangy and flavorful like lemon bars. Maybe I didn't make them correctly, but they seemed a bit overly sweet and not enough lime flavor showing through. They were good though, and the crust was tasty..so I would probably try them again with more lime added.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.