This refreshing recipe from Michele Savoldi of Delaware, Ohio is a tempting twist on traditional lemon bars. With a nutty crust and smooth lime filling, the yummy treats are elegant dusted with powdered sugar and cut into triangles.
Recommended: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup coconut, confectioners' sugar and pecans. Stir in the butter.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the sugar, lime juice, lime zest, baking powder and remaining coconut. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Cut into squares; cut in half to make triangles. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lime Coconut Triangles in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p44
Reviews forLime Coconut Triangles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2013
"blimey these are limey~ but good, very good"