- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Dip fillets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- To the same pan, add broth, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and remaining cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLime-Cilantro Tilapia
"This was pretty good and fairly easy. I cut the entire recipe in half for (2) 4oz tilapia filets. I used chicken stock, not broth and I also skipped the lime peel. I think without the lime peel the lime flavor wasn't overpowering. I used dried cilantro instead of fresh. I needed to cook it longer than it called for as well. I found it to have a good flavor and overall it was pretty yummy, but there were just other flavors out there I like better."
"Very good. Sauce was tasty but I'd probably make a bit more."
"Not bad, but sauce was super thin and did not thicken as the recipe stated. Also, the lime flavor was very overpowering and I am a fan of lime. Not sure if I would make again."
"Love this recipe! You must like a strong lime flavor to enjoy this properly. The sauce didn't thicken, but it was perfect for the light fish. Between my boyfriend, our two boys(8,10) and I, we ate ten pieces of fish. I used 4oz tilapia pieces. I doubled the sauce, but it was unnecessary. This is a keeper!"
"We loved this...I served with some buttered noodles and Kale This is how I will cook my Tilapia from now on"
"Loved the flavor! I really couldn't get the sauce to thicken but was still great on the fish, which seemed to soak it up."
"My whole family loved it. It's an easy recipe that is nice and light - perfect for warm weather."