Lime-Cilantro Marinade for Chicken
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Place marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 175 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 24, 2014
I like cilantro but this has way too much. I'll give this recipe one more try but I'll reduce the fresh cilantro to 1 Tbsp and increase the salt to about 1/2 tsp. Made as is the cilantro is overpowering.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.