Lime Chicken with Blackberry Salsa
I invented this recipe in a hurry one night and was over-the-top thrilled with how it came out! I've since served it to company; it always gets rave reviews. I love that it's so easy, and so healthy for my family, too. You can use grilled chicken instead of baked, if you like, and the spice level is up to you! If you like more kick in your food, use the whole 2T of red pepper flakes. Otherwise, start with 1T and adjust to taste. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (6 cup salsa)
- 6 medium limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Finely grate peel from limes. Cut limes crosswise in half; squeeze juice from limes. Place peels, lime juice, oil, pepper flakes and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, combine blackberries, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and salt.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with salsa.
Originally published as Calypso Chicken with Blackberry Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017