Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheddar or cotija cheese, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos: 291 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Lime Chicken Tacos
"I liked the lime flavor, but expected more spiciness. Will try using hot salsa next time."
"Tasty quick meal with lots of options."
"This a fantastic family, summertime recipe! The chicken is jammed packed with flavor!"A TRUE FAMILY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Can't wait to try this! I'm from Boise too!!"
"love this. have been making it for years and shared it many many times since it first appeared in the magazine"
"Very easy and delicious!. great fast meal. Love the lime flavor."
"Made the recipe exactly as written, but cut in half for just 2 of us. Used mild salsa, as we aren't big "heat" fans and kept the lime juice/chili powder ratio as is. Wonderful! We decided this is definitely "a keeper" and will be made again and again. So easy, so quick after chicken was cooked. Yum-Yum!"
"This is a great & easy "throw it together in 2 seconds" base chicken recipe for the crockpot. I used legs & thighs since it is what I had on hand. They were succulent, flavorful & the meat fell off the bone. Not dry, quite the opposite-lots of sauce, that's the difference between breasts & dark meat. I added cilantro & chopped green chilies for more flavor when I added the corn & salsa. Next time I'll add black beans to make a whole meal in a pot. Nice change from the usual, will make again."