- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheddar or cotija cheese, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLime Chicken Tacos
"We made this chicken for a taco bar for a friends rehearsal dinner. We left out the corn and chili powder to help it appeal to even the pickiest guests. It was moist and delicious, with just the right amount of lime flavor coming through. I used Jack's (Garden Fresh) fresh salsa and I think that boosted the flavor compared to jarred chunky salsa. This is a keeper. The leftovers freeze great as well."
"This was bland and disappointing."
"I liked the lime flavor, but expected more spiciness. Will try using hot salsa next time."
"Tasty quick meal with lots of options."
"This a fantastic family, summertime recipe! The chicken is jammed packed with flavor!"A TRUE FAMILY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Can't wait to try this! I'm from Boise too!!"
"love this. have been making it for years and shared it many many times since it first appeared in the magazine"
"Very easy and delicious!. great fast meal. Love the lime flavor."