Lime Chicken on Fruited Spring Greens
For a unique entree, serve this refreshing salad that pairs fresh fruit with chicken, greens and a tangy vinaigrette. "This salad is spectacular," notes Charlene Chambers of Ormond Beach, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme and 1/2 teaspoon oil; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic and remaining lime juice, thyme, oil, salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss salad greens and nectarine. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide salad mixture between two serving plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries, pine nuts and, if desired, cheese.