Lime Chicken on Fruited Spring Greens
For a unique entree, serve this refreshing salad that pairs fresh fruit with chicken, greens and a tangy vinaigrette. "This salad is spectacular," notes Charlene Chambers of Ormond Beach, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme and 1/2 teaspoon oil; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic and remaining lime juice, thyme, oil, salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss salad greens and nectarine. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide salad mixture between two serving plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries, pine nuts and, if desired, cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Lime Chicken on Fruit Spring Mix with Citrus Vinaigrette in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.