Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- Place brown sugar and butter in another microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on high for 30-45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 80 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
May 23, 2011
Did not care for this at all. Too buttery and sweet, not enough of the other flavors. Such a waste of carrots.
Nov 25, 2010
My family loves this carrot recipe- usually I struggle to get the kids to eat veggies but this recipe is a sure thing to get them to eat without the fuss!
Mar 23, 2010
We did not care for these. They might be better without the dill weed.
Feb 1, 2010
Can't view it unless you care to copy/paste. Subscriber only, but sounds super !
Feb 1, 2010
This is a very easy and very tasty side dish. I loved it.