Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Lime slices or wedges, optional
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the lime juice, salt if desired, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place fillets in a shallow baking pan. Brush each fillet generously with lime-butter sauce. Broil for 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over each fillet. Garnish with lime slices and parsley if desired.
1 each: 254 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.Originally published as Lime Broiled Catfish in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Feb 23, 2015
So good! Finally something as tasty as frying catfish but healthy. I use olive oil in place of the butter and it's still delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
Nov 3, 2012
Quick, easy and used items I had on hand. Great last minute supper when you only have a few minutes to get it to the table! And great tasting too. I used tilapia.
Nov 3, 2012
Quick, easy, and has ingredients that most cooks have readily on hand. I used tilapia and had delicious results
Mar 7, 2009
Quick and easy. Works well with other fish too. (I used grouper)
Reviews for Lime Broiled Catfish
More from Taste of Home