Lime Basil Pie
This sweet tooth satisfying dessert has a unique taste, plus less calories and fat than the traditional key lime pie.—Samara Donald, Redmond, Washington.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Sweetened whipped cream or creme fraiche, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in milk. Add lime zest, juice and egg yolks; beat just until blended. Stir in basil. Pour into crust.
- 2. Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream): 328 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 3, 2019Best low-fat cheesecake ever! I substituted a pecan crust for my GF hubby - he loved it.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC