- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and cloves in butter until vegetables are tender. Discard cloves.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forLima Bean Okra Soup
"Simple recipe and it is full of veggies. The cloves and allspice give it a unique and delicious twist on your average vegetable soup."
"Awesome recipe...loved it :)"