- 1 large Nellie’s Free Range Egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLil Cheddar Meat Loaves
"I have been making this recipe for years - from an early addition of Taste of Home.My husband is very picky and this is by far his favorite meatloaf recipe.I have also made it as large meatloaves and taken it to church potlucks. Never any left."
"So good and easy to make. I have made them several times because I can use gluten free oatmeal . We have 3 celiacs in the family. I doubled the recipe but made a single recipe of the sauce. I like the flavor of the meatloaf to shine through."
"Made as one whole meatloaf, after all meatloaf is supposed to be easy! Loved the sauce. Very good. Also, made with leftover rice next time, because I needed to use it. Worked out fine!"
"Hasn't anyone noticed the bake time is different from the Total Time comment to the Directions. It is 45 minutes. Love these."
"These little gems are so tasty! I keep a few without sauce because one of my kids prefers them that way. I used ground bison and they are simply delicious! I’m a Volunteer Field Editor and I love trying and reviewing recipes. This one does not disappoint!"
"These are wonderful. My husband agrees. They will now be our go to meat loaf recipe. Just delicious. I wouldn't change a thing."
"This was excellent! The loaves were so tender and the cheese, oats and glaze gave them incredible flavor. This may just be my new go-to meat loaf recipe. If you don't want to make individual loaves, you can probably make one large loaf and adjust the cooking time. I will definitely make these little loaves again and again!Volunteer Field Editor"