Lightly Scrambled Eggs
Wake up your taste buds with this fluffy entree, enhanced with sour cream, green onions and cheese. To keep it light, Patricia Kaliska of Phillips, Wisconsin uses reduced-fat and fat-free ingredients.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and eggs. Add the sour cream, milk, onions, salt, pepper and food coloring if desired.
- Pour into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; cook and gently stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 135 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lightly Scrambled Eggs in Light & Tasty August/September 2001