Lighter Chicken Parmigiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg substitute. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes. Turn chicken; bake for 10 minutes. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken; bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1420mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 27, 2012
I used Panko and minced garlic. Very moist and yummy chicken. I would definitely sub in my homemade sauce.
Sep 15, 2011
Very easy to make and really good. We had it over spagetti.
Mar 13, 2011
tasty and easy to make.
Dec 9, 2010
I absolutely love this recipe! It is very easy to make, and is so delicious!
Mar 3, 2010
Don't expect the breading to get too crispy, but it's still really good. My husband isn't generally a fan of chicken parm, but he really liked this. I didn't measure the cheese, I just put some on each piece of chicken... we generally find that more is better when it comes to cheese!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.