Lightened-Up Salmon Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Assorted crackers and party breads
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the salmon, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers and breads.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 46 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 29, 2009
I made this recipe and it was loved by all!!!!!!!!!!! I added more smoked salmon.lsarets
Jun 16, 2009
I smoke around 300 pounds of salmon every year and also barbecue salmon year round.This is an excellent recipe that gets raves everywhere I serve it. I use regular cream cheese and mayonaise as I don't keep the low and no fat varieties on hand. After flaking the salmon I use the electric mixer on medium speed to quickly combine the salmon with the other ingredients. It makes the mix more uniform and the whole short process even shorter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.